Camp is recommended for students entering grades 4-7 during the 2018-19 school year.
P3R Junior Running Camp is the perfect place for your child to learn about running and have fun at the same time. Our coaches teach running form, pacing and technique, but we also want to have fun. We encourage team building, try healthy snacks and play games that will have your child laughing until you pick them up from camp.
Each camper will receive a camp t-shirt and FREE registration for the 2018 GNC Live Well Liberty Mile in July.
2018 Camp Dates:
A minimum of 12 campers must sign up for camp
Tuesdays/Thursdays from 9:00-11:00 AM
July 3 – July 26
Cost $100 per child
SOLD OUT - email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the wait list
Mondays/Wednesdays from 9:00-11:00 AM
July 2 – July 25 (NO CAMP WEDNESDAY, JULY 4)
Our Camp Coaches and volunteers are avid runners and ready to teach your child about running based on age and ability level.
- Betsy Magovern is our coach at North Park. She has been with the North Park camp since the beginning and has been running for fun and exercise since college. Helping to pace races and advising other runners to meet their goals is one of her favorite reasons to run. She received her RRCA coaching certification in June 2015.
- Stu Jones is our Coach at North Park AND South Park. Stu is P3R's Youth Outreach Coordinator, Project R.U.N. coach and was an All-American track athlete at Wheeling Jesuit University. Stu is a USA Track and Field Level 1 Coach. He continues to run and compete at national club level events.
- Nick Fischer, RD, LDN is our Coach at North Park AND South Park. Nick is P3R's Event and Program Dietitian and a coach/nutrition consultant with USA Cycling. He continues to compete in endurance cycling events.
- Kara Viggiano is our Coach at South Park. She is P3R's Youth Program Coordinator and avid fan of aerobic videos! She is our go-to for fun games and creative ways with food.
- Jen Cicchini is our Coach at South Park. When she's not representing SCRR as an Ambassador or pacer, she's a Life Skills teacher at Monessen Elementary Center.