The GNC Live Well Liberty Mile course is a USA Track and Field record-standard certified course. The start line is located on Penn Avenue between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Street in the heart of the Cultural District and finishes on Liberty Avenue near Triangle Park. The course start and finish line are only a block a part making it perfect for spectator viewing. Click here to view the course
- All competitors must be registered for an official GNC Live Well Liberty Mile heat.
- Competitors can only win prize money for the heat in which they were officially registered.
- Cash awards are based on gun time not chip time.
- Due to course time constraints, participants must be able to finish a 15-minute mile. Runners may have to move to the sidewalk and obey traffic signals if finishing slower than a 15-minute pace.
- Parents must register and pay to run with their child.
For the safety of participants and spectators alike, the following are NOT allowed on the course:
- Unregistered participants (including friends, family, coaches and pacers)
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Hand cycles and hand-cycle wheelchairs
- Pets (Unless registered for the Pup Trot Mile.)
- Age category awards will be based on chip time in the following categories: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80 & over.
- Steel City Road Runners (SCRR) is a bonus category and is eligible for overall prize money and age group awards.
- Overall awards will be presented to the top three male and female winners based on gun time
- Masters awards will be presented to the top three male and female competitors 40 and over based on gun time
- Overall and Masters category winners are not eligible for age category awards
For results from previous years, please click here