Kids of STEEL (KOS) is an award-winning
, free youth physical activity and nutrition program designed to instill lifelong, healthy habits in children. Our three training plans are geared towards age-appropriate exercise and healthy eating habits. During the training period (January – April), children will:
- Complete physical activity and nutrition goals based on their chosen training plan
- Learn the benefits of setting a goal, training for the goal and achieving that goal
- Track activity and nutrition goals on a training log and turn it in for a finisher prize
Children are encouraged (though not required) to complete the program by registering for one of three races on Saturday, May 6, 2017 during the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events. Check out our Kids of STEEL Races
page for more details on these events:
- Sheetz Pittsburgh Toddler Trot
- Toyota Pittsburgh Kids Marathon
- UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run
Over the past seven years, Kids of STEEL has helped close to 18,000 children achieve their healthy lifestyle goals. In 2017, Kids of STEEL can be found in over 150 sites throughout 10 Pennsylvania counties and 1 Ohio county.
Use the navigation bar on the left to learn more about Kids of STEEL!