Children will choose one of three training plans, complete the goals, and turn in the training log for a finisher prize. You can read about our training plans in our 2017 Kids of STEEL Family Manual. Training plans can be completed at home with family and friends or as part of an official Kids of STEEL site.
All children must have a completed program waiver on file with P3R to be considered part of the Kids of STEEL program.
How to register for Kids of STEEL:
- If your child will complete the training plan and NOT be attending a race, please register here.
- If your child will complete the training plan AND register for a race, please register here. You must select YES when your reach the question about whether or not your child is participating in the Kids of STEEL program. By choosing NO, your child will not be enrolled in the program and is not eligible to receive a finisher prize.
After you complete your training log, you can turn it in for a finisher prize:
- If your child participates through a Kids of STEEL site, ask your site coordinator to see how they are handling training logs.
- If your child is not participating through a Kids of STEEL site and you're going to register for a race on May 6, 2017, bring your completed log and turn it in at the Kids of STEEL tent at the Eat'n Park Finish Line Festival in Point State Park on race day.
- If your child is not participating through a Kids of STEEL site and is not coming to race day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It takes a community of health champions to teach children healthy habits. If you're thinking about becoming a Kids of STEEL site coordinator, congratulations on taking the first step!
Each Kids of STEEL site needs a coordinator that distributes information to parents/guardians about the program and encourages kids to register for a race. KOS sites receive numerous benefits, including:
- Coordinator manual with program information and calendars
- Physical activity and nutrition education curriculum manuals
- Program opportunities, such as our American Development Program Pen Pal contest
- Earn free Kids Marathon registration and entry into the $1,000 Physical Education grant drawing
- Transportation grants to bus families to a youth race during race weekend (based on application and availability of funds)
- Unlimited access to our team - we are here to help!
The 2017 Kids of STEEL program is closed to new sites. If you want to receive sign up information for the 2018 program, please contact our Youth Programming team at email@example.com