The UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run begins on the North Shore and runs through the Northside before crossing several bridges and finishing at the official finish line downtown.
- USA Track and Field certified course
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
NEW COURSE THIS YEAR! Click here to see the 2018 5K Course
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Participants 14 years old or older may run on their own
- Participants 5-13 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian (child and parent/guardian must both be registered for the 5K)
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2018
- Strollers/baby joggers, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Animals are not permitted on the course
- Headphones connected to a media device are discouraged
Course Time Limits
City streets, police offices and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. Participants must meet at least a 14:00 min/mile pace.
If you cannot adhere to the scheduled time/pace per mile listed on the schedule, you must move to the sidewalk so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened to traffic, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.